6 Must Know Facts About The Abuja Central Mosque
- The National Mosque is Open to Non-Muslim population except during congregational prayers.
- The national mosque was built in 1984 during the regime of His Excellency, President Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari by Lodigiani Nigeria Ltd., while design consultancy was provided by AIM Consultants Ltd.
- The national mosque contains a conference room with a capacity of 500 people
- The national mosque is directly opposite to the National christian center formerly known as the ecumenical center
- The national mosque also contains residential areas for the imams and an Islamic library
- The national Mosques boasts of some of the best Arabic calligraphy in the world .