Fact Check : The New SGF Mr Boss Gida Mustapha
- Born in Adamawa State, Mr Mustapha attended Hong Secondary School, in Hong Adamawa state and North East College of Arts and Sciences Maiduguri Borno State and graduated with WASC and HSC in 1976.
- He earned his Bachelor of Law (LL.B) from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1979 and was called to bar in 1980
- A lawyer, management consultant, politician and businessman
- A member of the Interim Management Committee (IMC) of the defunct Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (PTF), serving from 2000 to 2007.
- He was a deputy national chairman of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), one of the legacy parties that formed the ruling APC
- A member of the African Bar Association (ABA), Commonwealth Lawyers Association, International Bar Association (IBA) and Human Rights Institute (HRI).
- He is the National Vice President, Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship international Nigeria.
- President Buhari on 23 June, 2016 appointed him the Managing Director of the National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA).
- President Buhari appointed him the New SGF yesterday replacing the embattled Babachir Lawal